McAfee has been used by numerous people around the world as it is a reliable and widely recognized antivirus software that is available in the market. You might be aware of the variety of features and services that come along with the McAfee subscription and one of them is McAfee. it is a browser extension which helps secure your online privacy.
The Web Boost is a performance-enhancing feature and can only be used as an extension for Google Chrome but not any other web browser. This helps in speeding up your browsing experience along with helping you to save data. Moreover, you can improve the battery life of your device by restricting the videos to play automatically whenever you visit a website. Before getting to know how to use it, you have to install the pre-downloaded feature of mcafee.com/activate
- Turn on your PC and tap on the McAfee icon to open it.
- After this, click on the tab that reads “PC Performance”.
- Here you will see the option that reads “Speed up browsing”.
- Under this option, you will see the “Set up” option on which you have to click.
- In the end, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the Web Boost installation process.
On the successful installation of Web Boost, you will see its icon appear in the top-right corner of your Chrome window.
Recommended Reading: Restore McAfee Framework Services
How to whitelist website from Web Boost?
There are a number of web pages that automatically play videos whenever you visit them. What McAfee activate Web Boost does is stop these videos from auto-playing. The paused videos display a blue badge on them and this means that Web boost has restricted them from playing automatically. You can always play these videos by clicking on the “Paused by McAfee Web Boost” message. You can also click on the “Play” button to play them again. In order to restrict Web Boost from blocking the videos or whitelisting them, do as described:
- First of all, navigate to Google Chrome and go to the website that you wish to whitelist.
- In this step, you have to click on the icon of the Web Boost which is available in the top-right corner of the screen.
- In the end, tap on the option that reads, “I want videos to auto-play on this site”.
To sum up
You can also disable the “whitelisting” feature of the McAfee Web Boost by clicking on the “Stop auto-play on this site’ option. This action will restrict annoying websites from playing videos automatically. For more info regarding Web Boost, visit the official website.