Whenever you visit the home page of McAfee, you will see various options present on its taskbar. One of these tabs is known as “My Account” and it is a platform where you can do everything related to your account. This tab allows you to manage your account on the go and to use it you have to register yourself at mcafee.com/activate and create an account. Without creating an account, you won’t be able to “Get Started” with McAfee and use any of its services.
By having this account, you can ensure that your device is protected from spam, viruses, identity theft, and other online threats. Using the information available on this page, you may find all the relevant details regarding the McAfee account and why you must have it.
Features of McAfee My Account
- My Profile: using this tab, you can view as well as update the information that you have provided at the time of registration.
- Auto-Renewal Settings: this tab allows you to enable and disable the auto-renewal of the subscription you have purchased.
- Subscriptions: this displays a list of the active subscription along with those that are going to expire with a list of complete information.
- Additional Rewards: here you can have a look at the additional services that are linked with your McAfee account such as rewards etc.
- Redeem Your Retail Card: using the retail card tab, you can easily redeem your McAfee subscription
- Edit Billing: if you want to change or update the billing information of your McAfee subscription, then you can easily do it here.
- Common FAQs: You are also allowed to review the commonly asked questions about the things that you are unaware of.
How to access “My Account”?
Some of the essential steps to access or login to your McAfee Account is given below:
- Begin by opening your web browser and navigating to mcafee.com/myaccount
- After this, click on the option or tab that reads as “My Account”.
- Now, tap on the “Sign In” button from the list of available choices.
- Afterward, enter your registered email address and password you created at the time of registration in the given fields.
- Further, click on “LogIn” and now you can start using your account-related features.
Note: The new users who haven’t registered themselves with McAfee can go through the next section for detailed information about account creation.
The users who do not have an account can easily create one by following the simple steps given below:
- Begin by, visiting mcafee.com/myaccount
- After this, click on the option that reads as “My Account”.
- Now, click on the “New User? Register now” option.
- Afterward, provide the necessary details in the registration form such as email address, name, password, date of birth, etc.
- After filling in the details and reviewing them correctly, click on the “Submit” button.
- Finally, follow some easy prompts and complete your registration.
A walkthrough to edit or update the McAfee account information
In addition to updating your account related info, you can also make changes in the name, shipping address, billing information, email address, or password, etc. and this is how you can do this:
- Open your device’s web browser and type mcafee.com/myaccount in the search bar.
- Click on the “My Account” option and log in to your account.
- Now, you can choose to do the following:
- Tap “Update Profile”- from here you can easily edit or make changes in the information such as shipping info, email address, and password.
- Tap “Edit Billing”– by clicking on this option, you can easily update your billing information and then go to the next step.
- Once you make the changes, do not forget to click on the “Save” button.
How do I recover my McAfee account?
In case you have forgotten the registered email address-
Some of the steps are given below to identify your registered email address
- First of all, open the product you have purchased.
- Afterward, click on the “My Info” option. You may also click on “Your Subscription”.
- This action will show the email address that you have registered with McAfee.
- Now, that you know the registered email address, you can log in to your account easily.
In case you have forgotten your password
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by following this process:
- Go to the home page of McAfee or directly go to mcafee.com/myaccount
- From the home page, click on the “My Account” option.
- After this, click on the “Forgot Your Password?” option available beneath the “LogIn” button.
- Further, click on “Send Email”.
- Now go to the registered email address.
- Look for the email with the subject “Reset your McAfee password” and open it.
- In the end, open the link given in the email.
- From here, reset the password and access your account once again.
Now that you know many things about McAfee “My Account”, you can start using its various functions and do anything related to your account.