McAfee Framework Services is software by mcafee.com/activate which is associated with McAfee Virus Scan. The software allows the routine communication of McAfee products with your Computer system. In addition to this, McAfee Framework Services maintains a connection with various servers and keeps a regular check on updates available in the client software.
This application utilizes a huge space of resources while it is trying to run. It is important to note that, Operating Systems which are streamlining McAfee agent and services, do not require the Framework Services. However, these require the EPO server to get the updates.
Why do you need to restore the Framework Services?
Sometimes users come across various problems with McAfee Framework Services and this becomes the cause of their frustration. This frustration is usually caused by the Framework file. As this file has enough control over the updating process of McAfee services, its updates, and installation processes, you have to repair it immediately if you lose control over it.
When McAfee Framework Services is performing its duty, some system errors usually occur, which includes slow performance. This happens because of extremely high CPU usage. If the framework file available on your system is corrupted, you might have to reinstall the McAfee Common Management Agent via mcafee.com/activate.
Restart the McAfee Framework Services
In order to do so, you have to follow the procedure given below very carefully:
- Open your computer system and tap on the “Start” button to open the menu.
- In the search bar, type “compmgmt.msc” and hit the “Enter” key. (for Windows Vista users)
- Go to the start option and tap “Run”. Now enter the command “compmgmt.msc” and press the “Enter” key. (for Windows XP users)
- Tap open the “Services and Applications” option available on the left panel.
- Now a list will appear which includes, “Services,” “WMI Control” and “Indexing Service.”
- Click on the “services” option twice and navigate to “McAfee Framework Services” available in the drop-down menu in the right panel.
- Right-click on this option and click “Start”.
- At last, you have to choose the “Stop” option.
- “Restart” your computer to finish the process.
If the problem persists, continue to the next section.
Reinstall the Common Management Agent
- Navigate to the “Start” menu, and then go to the “Programs” section.
- Tap open “McAfee” option and then select “Virus Scan Console”.
- Here, you will find “Access Protection”.
- Right-click on it and tap on the “Properties” from the drop-down list.
- Choose the option which says “Common Standard Protection.”
- Disable any other associated programs and then click “OK”.
- Restart the computer system and reinstall the McAfee Common Management Agent or EPO agent whatever is required by your McAfee product.
To sum up-
No matter the McAfee Framework Services start giving errors, you should try to fix it as soon as possible. It not only helps in notifying about the updates, but it also helps in the up-gradation or the installation process. In case you are not able to fix it on your own, you can seek help from McAfee Customer Service.