A product key is an essential code to activate and setup McAfee via mcafee.com/activate and you may need it to reinstall the software.
You can use McAfee antivirus in order to scan your computer for viruses, threats, malware, Trojans, and other malicious threats that can harm your device. To use McAfee on your device you first need to download, install, and activate it via McAfee.com/activate. After completing the procedure, your McAfee product is ready to do its scanning job. To run a scan on your computer, do the following:
- Look for the McAfee icon on your screen and right-click on it.
- This will display a drop-down menu, from which you have to choose the “Check for updates” option. Upon completing the update process, you have to once again right-click on the McAfee activate icon.
- In this step, select the “Scan” option.
- Here, you will be provided with the three options to choose from and that is:
- Full Scan- you can select this option to scan for the presence of some already known threats.
- Quick Scan- Select this option to scan the most susceptible parts of your computer for existing threats.
- Custom Scan- by choosing this option, you can manually select the drives, folders, and other locations you want to scan for threats and viruses.
- On the completion of the scanning process, a detailed description of the detected scan is displayed by mcafee.com/activate.
- Now, you have to click on the “OK” option to finish the scanning process.
- You can now clean the detected viruses by following the on-screen prompts.